All of my life, at least as far back as I can remember, I have been just drifting along in life, with no particular goals. I was once accused of being a Mug Wump by own of my co-workers. In acquiring as to what that was, he told me that it was a bird sitting on a fence post, with his mug on one side, and his wump on the other, waiting for life to pass him by. And that has been mostly the story of my life.
Although I had a Traumatic Brain Injury, which contributed to a great deal of my emotional instability, I can't totally blame my unproductive adult life on that particular incident. I have had at least 20 jobs in my life, with half of them within two years. I graduated from National Broadcasting School, to be an On Air Producer in Radio. But as many of you know, my voice is quite nasal, and not particularly DJ quality. I have even had training in Video Production, and have volunteered for Gospel Ministries International in McDonald, TN. for about a year and a half. But like the same old story, that didn't work out, basically because of my personality issues. I have failed as a husband, twice, even as a father. I am 60 years old, and still don't know what I want out of life.
Anyway, I could go on and on about my failures, but that wasn't my intention. But since God spared me from being killed in that auto accident, it is obvious that He's not done with me yet! Even if it is only to reach out to one person, witnessing to them about what God has done in my life, and how He loves them and wants them to be saved, then I that is what I will do, to His Glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment